I’ve decided that my posts are ridiculously cumbersome to read. Who wants to read all that stuff. Photos. Recipes. Maybe a few notes. Let’s try that for awhile and see how it goes.
Meal 1 – Leftovers. Curry chicken salad, potato and sweet potato hash, avocados and raw orange bell peppers.
Meal 3 – Hubs made meatloaf muffins with sliced sweet potatoes. Sorry, forgot pictures.
Meal 2 – Hubs made roasted chicken for lettuce wraps, along with some homemade baked potato slices or “chips” — W30 folks know that it’s all in the name. Call something a “chip” or “faux-meal” or “muffin” and all of a sudden it’s SWYPO! I was out grocery shopping and hubby forgot to take pictures.
Standouts and Notes:
My potato and chicken pancakes-but-not-really-pancakes were a fluke thing, since I really was just trying to get rid of leftovers, but they were so good that I will definitely be making them again. On purpose. The homemade ketchup is more of like a chipotle sauce.
Potato and Chicken Pancakes-but-not-really-pancakes
- Left over baked potato (I had 3 Russet potatoes)
- Left over roasted chicken (I had two breasts)
- Ghee (as needed for pan frying)
- Arrowroot powder (about 1/4 cup)
- Spices — A basic version would be S&P, add whatever spices you like though! I threw some magic mushroom powder in there and finished it with Borsari.
- Mix potato and chicken in food processor until you have a thick pasty consistency, like gummy mashed potatoes. Add seasoning.
- Use a ice cream scoop to easily scoop mixture and drop it into a bowl of arrowroot powder. Coat your fingers in arrowroot powder, then pat down on the ball to make it into a patty. My mixture made me a total of 16 patties total.
- In the meantime, preheat a pan with ghee on medium-high heat.
- Drop 2 to 3 patties in the pan. Do not touch or flip them until you can see the edges turn golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- Flip and let them crisp another 2-3 minutes. Add more ghee if your pan starts to get too dry.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Enjoy with some homemade ketchup.